1.10.2010

Happy 2010.. helloo lucky #7!

Greetings from my editor's office! I'm excited to send out my first post of the new year. I have been a busy 6 month old and today I turned a whole 7 months. Papa has been working really hard this week and I've been missing him a lot. All of these pictures are dedicated to him. Kisses to Papa!
My big thing this past month has been my first tooth! Here it is in full glory. It's all part of my master plan to continue to eat more and more as I grow bigger. You are no match for me now mr. cheerio! So far, I've added apples, pears, broccoli, ube (purple yam - Thanks Jiu Jiu!), and lentils to my repetoire. I've also been seen to chew on mum-mums with much interest. Mama marvels at my ability to chow down with such grace and speed finishing a cool 2.5 ounces of peaches today without even batting an eye and then taking some rice cereal to top me off. It had a wonderful bouquet with hints of summer.


I've been working with my ability to crawl, but haven't really figured it out. I have the position down as you can tell from this picture, but I get easily distracted with my tooth and start to suck on it. The best I've been able to do is move backwards which really isn't getting me to where I need to go. I have noticed that if I fuss a bit, it's not hard for someone with long arms and legs like mummy, papa, or ayi to come pick me up and move me to where I want to go. I have to rethink this... I mean, is crawling really necessary when you can be carried?


And of course, my banana pillow is out again since it's a big month day for me! I was completely distracted by Aunty M-C in this picture who came to celebrate my special 7 month b-day with me. I have no idea what 7 months will bring. Hopefully more food, more fun, and more friends!


And the piece de resistance, I thought I would end with a little video clip of my latest and greatest trick... the raspberry! Hot off the presses... I learned how to do this yesterday, or at least it's the first time that I did this for mummy who's been really good to me all week. I'm looking forward to teaching papa how to do this. Love you papa... enjoy!

3 comments:

Tara C said...

I just want to pinch her cheeks!!! Hey am I going to see you guys next week?

Unknown said...

You are sooooo cute, Lingling. Love to hold and hug you. Yeye and Nainai

Kristina said...

thida- what is maia WEARING in that top pic? get her matching please! (love, LB and KK hahaha)