1.22.2010

Yum yum dim sum - SF style

What treasure hides in this pillowy dough with a honey-glaze? Roast pork in all its sweet and savory goodness! (I'm hypothesizing based on my parents.) We're back from the awesome city of San Francisco. We had lots of fun visiting friends and family - and of course eating. Although my photo editor did not capture this, my papa went crazy at this place called Good Luck Dim Sum. He bought enough food one day to feed 10 people. He tried to blame the women behind the counter, egging him on, but we all know he just missed the grand selection there.
Mama brought all these delicious pork buns home and has been savoring them one by one. I've been watching her wondering when/if I get a taste...



One of the first things we did upon arrival was go to visit my Tainai. Here I am posing with her. My Tainai is awesome. She is always so cheerful and good-natured. We have lots of fun there. I think she may have been happy to see me too. Just a hunch.


I also got to meet up with my peeps, Lucy and Oliver. Here we are chilling on the couch at Aunty Eunice's home. Lucy may have been bored with us since we can't really play with her. I was jealous though since Lucy got to eat salami and cheese. Plus Aunty Eunice made this amazing pot roast with just a few ingredients. Mama says with only 1 tooth, big people food like that is really hard to eat so I have to stick with mush for now. Grow teeth grow! Poor Oliver had to go to bed before the big roast came out. I remember being his age. It only gets more fun from here.


One day after Oliver had a nap, he came over to play. We had a grand time cooing at each other. The jury is out as to who made the "first move." Did I reach for Oliver or did he reach for me? Aunty Eunice has her own theories, but Papa is keeping a close eye on Mr. O.K.


Papa and Mummy have a soft spot in their hearts for the De Young Museum. Mummy used to ride the bus past this museum every day and Papa used to run by during his regular jogs. The King Tut exhibit was still going on. It started the day that I was scheduled to arrive (June 27th). Haha, bet they're happy I came a few weeks early.


Here are my silly parents attempting to recreate an engagement shot at the De Young. We had such a great time in SF. We'll have to post more pictures next time. I love vacation!





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oliver misses Maia! (although for the record, Maia made the first move...). Come back and visit again soon!