9.05.2011

The Very Hungry Boo-Boo

We spent a couple of weekends ago in Whistler for Aunty M-C and Uncle Andrew's wedding. I keep telling my parents that I want to go back to Canada, mainly because I got to eat so much good food.

I wore my purple polka dot dress, just in time before I grew out of it. My Mummy did a reading at the ceremony, but I missed it because I wanted Baba to take me outside to play. Afterwards, I was in a pretty good mood playing with bubbles when this picture was taken. Unfortunately, I soon realized that there were strawberries there and I refused to take more nice pictures until I had one or two or three... I have a VERY strong will (and I was still hungry).

The reception was gorgeous. And I got to eat hor d'oeuvres of duck confit and cherry tomatoes. Then I moved onto the salad course and picked off the tomatoes, cucumbers, and goat cheese. Then I had a bread roll and a pear, and o yeah, half a plate of spaghetti. By this point, I didn't have a little tummy anymore, I had a big, fat tummy and so, I did the next logical thing... I pooped.

We had left the diapers upstairs in our room and even though I was having such a good time, I didn't really want to dance with a smelly, lumpy diaper so I went up with my parents to go to bed. Baba was sweet and hung out with Meimei and me so Mummy could spend some time with her university friends. Isn't the bride beautiful?

The next day we took a walk in the picturesque Whistler surroundings. Check out this backdrop. Meimei and I were catching some Zzz's for most of it.

I also got to ride in a private gondola. It was my very first gondola ride. I was initially a little scared, but now I think they are very cool. Now I tell Mummy to take me on a gondola when I want to go somewhere. She said there aren't any near our house. Nuts!

Back to the eating adventures. What would vacation be without ice cream! Oh glorious ice cream. This was pear and coconut gelati.

I'll end on a little video taken at Shanghai River. I entitle it, "How to decimate a xiao long bao." Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: