11.27.2009

What is a snood?

Do you know what a snood is? Mummy and daddy had a great Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Grandma and grandpa were here to celebrate and they played with me throughout the festivities and merriment. Mummy roasted this GIANT turkey! Apparently it was the smallest turkey they could find at T-Joe's but it was still as big as I am! Here I am being held by yeye. He sure knows how to make me laugh.



Here we are after the turkey was roasted. Mummy smeared it in herb butter. Papa looked worried about something called "chol-est-er-ol". What's that? Apparently something required for formation of cell membranes with both hydrophobic and hydrophilic components, but that's a fascinating story for another time...

Here I am looking worried that I'm not going to get a taste of this turkey. And I didn't! What's up with that? Apparently I need something call "teeth" first.



Here's a picture of the spread that mummy put together. The menu included:

-garlic mashed potatoes
-chard and lentil soup
-roast turkey with herb butter and a divine gravy from the drippings
-butternut squash and arugula salad
-yam puree with marshmallow topping
-brussel sprouts with spiced pecans
-brioche with dried cherry stuffing
-pear clafoutis

This all went exceptionally well with a spanish cava that yeye unearthed at the local market. yum! (I'm still upset that I didn't get to try anything, though mummy's milk is still quite tasty).



Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! Hope your bellies are as full as mine always is.

Oh yes - a snood is that little dangly thing on the turkey's beak. That's our fun factoid of the day. Talk to you later!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: