7.16.2011

Fast Learner

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited to finally have access to this blog. I'm actually a pretty quick learner so no need to wait for Jiejie to wake up from her nap to teach me. You see, I don't sleep all the time, but I realized that if I'm awake she is, then I don't get as much attention. Really looking forward to actually being able to communicate with words one day.
I think Mummy knows what it's like to be the second born kid so she's making an effort to take lots of pictures of me. I'm kind of relaxed about it though. Take pictures, don't take pictures. I just really like to be fed, held, and sleep. Sleeping is pretty awesome. I even went 5 hours between feeds the other night. Mama was stunned.

My main objective has been building this double chin. I'm rather proud of it. Mummy had subscribed to a bunch of newborn diapers, but had to upsize the order because it was clear that they were quite snug. Ode to breast milk...

I'm still learning the ropes of this household and sometimes I get caught in sticky situations, like between a lady bug and a banana. Well actually, I was pretty content there. I think Mummy was trying to size me next to this banana. We'll see if it's any match for me.

Speaking of bananas.. I wanted to share this banana bread recipe that was the last thing Mummy made before I managed to be born. It was just so delicious...
Banana Bread
For 2 loaves -
Preheat to 350.
3 1/4 cup flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt - add together in a bowl and stir.
In a separate bowl, we beat 2 sticks of butter (1cup) and then add in 2 1/3 cup of sugar, beat in 4 eggs 1 at a time.
We added 5 ripe mashed bananas, but the recipe calls for 6. It still tasted good.
Plus 1/4 cup of sour cream and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
We mixed the flour mixture by thirds into the wet stuff and then folded in about 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips that were dusted with flour.
We spread the batter into 2 loaf pans, and after 1 hour to 1 h and 15 minutes it was just right.
Happy eating!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen L-N said...

Welcome to the world Lily! You are in for lots more yummy eats :)