7.16.2011

I'm a big sister now!

Dear family and friends,
It's with great pleasure that I introduce my darling little sister, Lily. I get to call her Meimei and she calls me Jiejie. My whole world changed on June 21st when she was born, but I don't think I knew it yet because I was fast asleep and the only thing I noticed was that my parents weren't home when I got up. Luckily, Mummy Lei had just flown in the night before. I think Lily was anxious to meet her too since she heard she was such a good cook. I have to agree. There have been lots of good smells around our house lately. Lily was a whole pound heavier than me at 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long. I was pretty excited to meet her when she came home. I was even more thrilled when she gave me this awesome tricycle.

One of my neighbors has a motorcycle and I like to watch him from the window. Before he gets on his bike, he puts on his helmet, sunglasses, and gloves. I try to imitate him as best as I can when I get on my "bike." Baba was a little nervous of my deference to this guy, but I told Baba if I got a tattoo, it would probably say something like, I Heart Mangoes.

I am very intrigued by my Meimei. I'm going to have to teach her a lot of things about the "real world." Perhaps when she's more awake. I have to admit, she's pretty cute and a very good baby when she's not hungry. Mummy says I always liked to eat too. I guess it runs in our family. Can you believe that?!

I also have to admit that I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to maintain Mummy's attention. I realize that I don't fit so well into my old things, although it doesn't stop me from trying. Occasionally, I'll throw a fit. It doesn't seem to be getting me what I want though. I wonder why that is? Mummy and Baba say that only 1 person in our house gets to cry at a time. Baba tries to be that 1 person sometimes.. Silly Baba! Babies do the crying. O..I guess I'm a big sister now. There's some food for thought.

Hugs and Kisses to you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: