10.19.2009

How 'bout them (Washington) apples?

I've whole-heartedly embraced being a seattle-ite.. and that means I love my rain and my apples!
It was a torrential downpour in the morning, but it seemed to clear so made our way to the farmer's market. The apples were in abundance. I thought I'd do my impression of an apple. How do I look?



As soon as we got there, it started to drizzle and then pour again, but I was safe under my cover. I was totally embarrassed when Mummy and Papa did the very Un-Seattle thing of pulling out their umbrellas. Curiously, lots of other people at the market also pulled out their umbrellas, so it wasn't too out of place.

In the end it was tons of fun and a beautiful fall day even with the rain. Check out these colorful trees (not burned, like in California) as Papa put away our spoils from the day!


When we got home, I couldn't help but inspect all our merchandise. Mummy bought this giant zucchini! It's taller than I am! Feel free to leave suggestions of what you think she should make with it. Zucchini fritters? Zucchini salad? Zucchini bread? Yumm-0.


So this farmer's market had no blue bottle, but Papa is happy it's not a "2-ATM" kind of place, that Aunty Susy is familiar with. I can't wait to take our next outing. I'm ready!


Maybe we can go to San Francisco? Heard I missed Lucy Jiejie's big party with a bouncy house and everything. Happy Birthday Lucy Jiejie!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Yabo said...

Stuff the zucchini with your meatball mix!