9.11.2009

Labor Day weekend with my grandparents!

I got to play with Nainai and Yeye all weekend! Meanwhile, Mummy and Papa snuck off to see a movie, eat a tremendous meal at Quince, went to a movie, and to Aunty Demo's wedding. Wait a minute, do you think they had a lot of fun without me?? Papa is still talking all about this pinot noir from Oregon. Well, in the meantime, I got exactly what I wanted from Nainai and Yeye, especially if I looked like this:


We went for a walk in the Presidio together so I could take a nap in the fresh air. Look how beautiful the view is!


They fed and bathed me. Hey, is this milk enough? I do like to eat. (a dominant inherited trait)


I was pretty much held all the time... just the way I like it. Here I am being held by Tainai! What could be better?
Tainai even gave Mummy and Papa a wonderfully simple fish recipe that Mummy finally got right last night. Try it if you like.
Frozen fillets of orange roughy (another costco treat)
(Mums has tried this with fresh rock cod and butterfish fillets without much success)
garlic
ginger
chinese cooking rice wine
soy sauce
sugar
scallions

Saute 2-3 sliced cloves of garlic and a few slices of peeled ginger in oil until soft (2 minutes or so) at med-high heat
Add the thawed fillets and saute for about 3 minute on each side.
Add a 1 1/2 teaspoons of cooking wine. Mummy added this first because she wanted the alcohol to burn off.
Add about a line or small sploosh of soy sauce per fillet (probably a 1/2 tsp or so per fillet) and about a tablespoon a sugar.
Sprinkle on the sliced scallions to wilt just a bit and the sauce should be divine and the fish just tender and delicious.
It should taste a lot like chilean sea bass without the expense or environmental endangerment.

As Jacques (Pepin) would say.. "Happy Cooking!
Thanks to my awesome grandparents for such a great weekend!!!

No comments: